Friday, August 18, 2006

Sharing Our Happiness





I have wonderful news that I'm just bursting to share.

My Husband and I adopted a dog from Old Dog Haven!!

I'd like to introduce you to "Queequeg".

We brought him home last Saturday and are totally in love. He's an 11 - 12 year old Pekingese mix who was found wandering in a hospital parking lot. After not being claimed at the local dog pound he was taken into an Old Dog Haven foster home. He's blind in one eye but it doesn't seem to bother him. His foster mom cut off his beautiful long hair and Pekingese mane so he would be more comfortable in this hot weather. It will be interesting to see what he looks like this winter when it grows back. He's very well housebroke. No accidents so far and always lets us know when he wants to go out. He is very polite about feeding time and waits far back away from his dish while I put his food in. In fact I have to step away from it before he'll go eat.
The cats think he's pretty strange but they're adjusting a lot faster than I thought they would, especially Rosie, our little house princess. He couldn't care less about them which is perfect....although he is fascinated with the chickens and wishes I would let him chase them. They think he is some horrible monster and run and hide whenever he goes up to the fence. LOL!

I would like to encourage those of you who can, to adopt a senior dog. Most want a puppy but there are also many, many rewards to bringing a "used" dog into your home.

Thank you Old Dog Haven, for saving Queequeg and helping bring him into our family!

No comments:

LinkWithin